Anniversary train set “150 years of railways in Vorarlberg”- consisting of an Ellokclass 1670 and four coaches of the Austrian Federal Railways.
The train set contains an Ellokclass 1670, three “Schlieren” coaches type Bpo and a “Spanten” baggage coach type Dih.
? Authentic train formation of the P 5519 (Bregenz ? Landeck) in the 1980s
? Locomotive with PluX22 interface available for the first time
? With switchable driver?s cab lighting in digital mode
? Premiere: “Schlieren” coach after overhaul of coach body; in green livery
? With set of etched signs included
The opening of the Vorarlberg Railway (Lindau – Bludenz, Lauterach – St. Margrethen and Feldkirch – Buchs) on July 1 1872 marked the beginning of the railway era in Vorarlberg.
To improve the economic efficiency of the Vorarlberg Railway, a direct connection with the railway network of the monarchy was indispensable. Thus the Vorarlberg Railway was practically the first realised train connection project with the other railways in Austria. It was opened together with the Arlbergbahn in 1884.