EllokRe 4/4 169 of the Bern-L?tschberg-Simplon-Bahn.
Mold variant !
? New design – for the first time with a short buffer beam and changed obstruction grille typical of earlier epochs
? Delicately designed model with many extra applied plug-in parts
? Engraved decorative line
? Elaborate multicoloured replica of the engine room
? Set of intricately designed wheels with low flanges
? Delicately designed roof with scissors pantograph
? In digital mode with switchable high beam and individually switchable headlights or tail lights
After the Ae 4/4 of the Bern-L?tschberg-Simplon Railway, which went into operation from 1944, had successfully proven itself over two decades, further outdated locomotives were due to be replaced at the beginning of the 1960s. While the SBB aimed to purchase Re 4/4?? with classic direct control and single-phase AC motors, BLS opted for more modern technology with silicon rectifiers and shaft current motors. The locomotives, initially classified as Ae 4/4??, and then as Re 4/4 after technical improvements, were built by SLM and BBC and used for both passenger and goods transport on the BLS, GBS, SEZ and BN networks as well as the adjacent SBB routes.